Archive for 'photography'
It’s a little late, I know. But happy new year everyone! I know it’s been a while. And I’m sitting over here doing my best not to beat myself up about. This past year was a growing one for sure. In life, in business. And I’ve already started making changes for the new year. I didn’t make any resolutions. But I did set goals for myself and for our business. And I’m so fired up to make those goals happen this year! 2013, I’m ready for you!!
We’ve still got some spots available for our mini sessions November 11th! Email us to book yours today!
As usual, I don’t even know where to begin with this post. If ever Aric & I saw CLEARLY the Lord’s perfect plan play out for us and our business it would have to be the past couple of months or so as Deborah has become a part of our team, our business, our daily lives. Deborah emailed us earlier this year after I posted that we were looking for a new intern to help us out. I was really excited when I saw that even though she has a full time job as a nurse- she would love to come in on her days off to help us out with the monotonous office duties that we spend a lot of our days doing. We waited a few months before we actually sat down and finally decided to set up interviews for the few people who were interested in the position. We have a small history with Deborah- we got to shoot her sister’s wedding in 2010 and again one of her best friends’ weddings last September. She’s always the kind of person who is easy to talk to and get along with, funny, and personable. So as she walked up to the coffee shop for our “interview” I was just excited to get to see how life was going for her. As we talked about the job and what it would include, she shared that, yes she was interested in photography, but if we needed her to lick envelopes all day she would. Whatever we needed, she’d be happy to help. Reluctantly she shared some of her own images with us and we both could tell she had a great eye and a heart for shooting portraits.
Long story short- after the meeting Aric & I got in the car with the same exact thought in mind. Hire Deborah (we call her “Debs”) with the intent of training her as a portrait shooter under our brand. This may sound crazy, but we rarely have the exact same ideas about things- but this was a no brainer for both of us. One thing that stuck out in both of our minds was that she said she prayed that if photography were to be a bigger part of her life- if she were to be a “photographer” that the Lord would send someone that she could do it with. She didn’t want to do it by herself.
The truth is ladies and gentlemen- I don’t think I would want to do it without her- now that we’ve had her around for the past month and a half! We’ve been working on a portfolio with her that will be a part of the blog soon! Seriously guys. She’s amazing! She’s great with kids and families. She’s a nurse so I feel more confident at a newborn session with her than by myself. And she’s a rockstar at shooting couples and seniors as well. (Not to mention she will also be shooting boudoir and beauty sessions under Je-T’adore as well!) She’s constantly making us laugh, she is such an eager learner, and motivates us both to work harder and be better. She’s an absolute joy to be around and on the days that she can’t be in the office to work with us we miss her! I’m so so excited that she’s become a part of the Aric + Casey Photography team and so looking forward to seeing how the Lord uses her in our business. He’s already used her to make life a little sweeter!
Everyone meet the newest family member of ACP- Deborah! (Deb, debs, or d-bebs) 😉
Email for Family, Maternity, Newborn, Senior, Couples: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email for boudoir or beauty: email@example.com
Here are a few samples of some of the shoots she’s done in the past couple of weeks with us! Enjoy!
…it takes them 2 years to finally post the photos! Haha…okay not really for most people. But sadly it did take me 2 years to actually finally sort through all 6,000+ images that we took from our travels and choose some favorites to share with you all. Every time I would start to sort through the photos I would get so overwhelmed and start to feel guilty for spending so much time working on my own photos instead of our clients and so I would stop and put it off for another day. Well that day has finally arrived and I hope you guys can enjoy these and be taken away to another place if only for a few minutes, today!
Lately we’ve had several friends who are either about to travel overseas or have just come back from trips and it’s had me reminiscing about going back to Europe and shooting and traveling with my favorite travel partner (Aric of course). We’ve been talking about going again sometime sooner rather than later… And I simply cannot wait. I believe it’s something everyone should do at least once in their life! Life is too short and there’s SO much of the world to see and experience! I don’t care what you have to do…start saving now! and make it happen!
There’s way too many photos for me to explain each one of them, but as an overview all these photos are either in Paris or Bordeaux France, On a train going through the Alps, in Milan, Cique Terre, Lake Como, or Lake Maggiore Italy, or in London! And yes they are from 2 years ago, hence my short hair in all the photos! 😉
Get ready for some detail overload!! The team at College Flowers along with Jill Leven went above and beyond for this wedding and it shows! Every detail was executed with perfection and this precious couple had such a special day! (You can see more of College Flowers Details HERE) I’ve been waiting and waiting to blog this wedding, but I just couldn’t wait anymore! What I love even more is how they transformed the Lubbock Wind and Power Museum into the most beautiful wedding venue! It’s amazing what you can do with just a little bit of vision! Ah! I’m just giddy over this wedding and thought I’d share my love for it with you today on Valentine’s Day! Hope everyone has a wonderful day…and be sure to kiss your sweetheart! 😉
I couldn’t help but wish you all a Happy Valentine’s Day with my newest Valentine- my precious baby niece! If this doesn’t make you smile, I don’t know what will! I LOVE getting to do little mini shoots with her when we visit. It’s so much fun! So enjoy these, and check back later…in honor of the Love holiday I’ll be posting a new wedding on the blog! One that I LOVED from this past fall! 😉
Meaning we’re back to reality! The past couple weeks have been ridiculously busy getting ready for the Lubbock Bridal Show and it was so much fun to be there and meet all the happy brides! The setup is always a stress, but it always comes out looking so good! I’m so thankful for Aric and his big ideas! Without him, our booth would look pretty lame!
(And another big thanks goes to my Mom and Dad for their help as well as our dear friends/clients Jenna & Travis for helping us out! AND Matt who works our photobooth for us!)
I’m excitedly working on some gorgeous bridal sessions, a proposal story, and finishing up the last of the 2011 weddings so I can finally get some of those blogged! And if you missed yesterday’s post we are on the search for a new intern! And YES it is a paid internship! 😉
Here are some really poor quality pics of our bridal show booth that I took from my iphone (I can’t believe I didn’t take a better picture of it, I know!) But anyway, for those who didn’t get to make it to the show hope you like the booth!
And the 4 Frames Photobooth show special has been extended until Sunday! So if you’re thinking about renting a photobooth for your wedding definitely give us a shout!! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Is it REALLY almost 2012?! Is Christmas REALLY already over?! Goodness time is flying!! Aric and I had a great road trip back to West Texas after spending a few days in the DFW area with my family! It was a great trip- with plenty of time to reflect on the past year and discuss our plans moving forward into the new year! I love this time. When we talk about the things that we succeeded in and the things that we failed horribly in- both in our business and just life in general! It always makes me excited for the new year to have a fresh start and to work hard on the things we failed in and strive to be even better in the things we did well this past year! I figured that a countdown was in order to reflect over those things here so we can be held accountable to those things!
So we will start off with the exciting things that happened in 2011!
10. We got to travel all over Texas to shoot beautiful weddings for our amazing couples! From Lubbock, to Galveston, Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Dripping Springs, and even to Albuquerque New Mexico!
9. We overbooked our year which was a good and bad thing, but overall it was a huge blessing to be so busy and get to be a part of so many beautiful couple’s big days!
8. We hired an office manager who has helped us out SO much this year! I literally don’t think we would have made it through the year without her!
7. Aric built a new photobooth so now Four Frames Photobooths has 2 different booths to choose from!
6. We did our first 2 workshops!! (As in we got to teach 2 amazing people everything we have learned in our past few years as Wedding photographer’s and it was SO MUCH FUN!)
5. We got featured in The Knot magazine!
4. We got featured on a few different wedding blogs this year!
3. I started a new division of our business shooting Boudoir and I’m LOVING it!
2. We did our first “styled shoot” on a very small scale and the results were awesome! The shoot got featured on the Style Me Pretty Texas blog!
1. And the number one exciting thing that happened in 2011 was just getting to grow and learn together with my husband! He is really really awesome! And I love him!!
And now onto the things we will be working on in the new year (in no particular order)!
10. Correspondence! – Sadly this got put on the back burner this year and our customer service wasn’t at the top of it’s game! We were so busy most days that I would stare blankly at my inbox, get overwhelmed…and close it saying “I’ll get to that tomorrow!” It was bad, bad bad! And I’m on a mission to be more proactive about our correspondence and schedule this new year! Our couples deserve the best and I’m ready to give it to them!
9. Networking – We had big dreams and aspirations of doing a lot of networking this past year and that was another thing that got pushed aside so we could spend time just trying to keep our heads above water. This year we plan on taking more time to network with the other awesome Wedding vendors in Lubbock and be a source of help for them!
8. Style shoots – Like I said above- we did our first style shoot on a very small scale this past year and it was a success!! So I can only imagine what it could be if we did it bigger and better! We are excited to take time to do more style shoots this year to help our brides with ideas, show them things that they haven’t seen and get our favorite vendors noticed in the meantime!
7. Albums – Aric did a ton of research this year on our albums and he has chosen the best of the best to offer to our couples! With everyone loving digital media so much these days- albums are kind of an afterthought- but really having a tangible record of your wedding day is so much more endearing than trying to look at a ton of pictures on a computer screen! Aric lays out some of the most beautiful album designs I’ve seen (yes I might be biased, but it’s true!) and I think every couple deserves to have an heirloom to share with their families!
6. Pushing 4 Frames Photobooths – Aric was the first to have a photobooth business in Lubbock, and after working a few events I’m in love with the thing! It really is such a fun addition to your wedding! And our booths are the biggest in town! So squeezing 2 people into a picture isn’t a problem! In fact we have had up to 10 people squeeze in for a picture! It is so much fun! And I always recommend getting double prints! Guests love to keep a copy, but it’s so fun for the bride and groom to go back and look at what their guests were up to throughout the night! It’s definitely one of the funnest things you can do!
5. More features – We shot so many weddings this year that we considered feature worthy! But we were so overwhelmed trying to get our couples the final images that we decided we didn’t have time to spend sending out more pictures to blogs to try and get featured! I plan to make this a priority! It’s not only fun for us! But it’s fun for our couples when their wedding gets featured! And it’s great for our network of other wedding vendors! So we want to do this for them as well!
4. Blogging – Yes, I admit it. I was a horrible blogger this year! I didn’t have time to prepare every wedding and every shoot for the blog so I just got lazy and stopped doing it altogether! Bad idea I know! You guys come here to see beautiful images and by golly I want to give that to you! Even if it kills me! My hope is to be a much better blogger for 2012! And establish a better routine for blogging so it doesn’t take up so much of my time that I could otherwise be editing images for our couples!
3. Boudoir – With Je-T’adore finally getting out there more and more- I’m excited to shoot more boudoir sessions for our clients old, current and new! I also want the Je-T’adore blog to be a place where all you girls can go for fun fashion and beauty tips too!
2. More portrait sessions – Last year we pretty much turned away all of our portrait inquiries, because we were so swamped with weddings! This year we will be taking fewer weddings so we can have more time for portrait clients! I’ve come to love portrait sessions and I hope we can shoot more in the new year!
1. Schedule and Routine – This was one of the main things that kept us from excelling in every area this past year! We would get so bogged down, overwhelmed, and whatever else that our schedules were all over the place and there was really no routine to the business! This is crucial for us to keep ourselves sane! And I’m excited that Aric and I both want to make a change in this aspect! We will be setting office hours. Turning computers, phones, and email off at a certain time every day so that work doesn’t become our ENTIRE life! Running a home based business has so many challenges! And boundaries are pretty hard to set! But this year we are going to do it!
In closing I just want to say THANK YOU!! Thank you so much to everyone who has stuck with us through the past year! Our family and friends who are our biggest supporters and to our Clients past and present- we are so thankful for ya’ll! And we know we couldn’t do this thing that we love without each and every one of you!!
This year we will be spending New Year’s eve with a precious couple and their family and friends as they celebrate getting married and then count down to the new year together! I know it is going to be a blast and I’m truly thankful we get to be a part of such a special event for them and their loved ones! If you haven’t spent any time reflecting on the past year and setting new goals for the new year- DO IT! It’s so refreshing! And rejuvenating! And so crucial to making big things happen!
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and has a wonderful New Year!
Aric + Casey
(And since no post is complete without a picture- here’s my adorable niece at Christmas! )