Archive for 'portraits'
As promised, here are some favorites from Jordan’s bridal session! What a fun day! Jordan, along with some friends and her mom met up in Lubbock for her session and we had such a good time! Obviously Jordan is stunning so our job was pretty easy. Now that I think about it – we fought the wind a bit on her bridal session day too! I didn’t mind it too much though, because with her hair down, the wind blew her flowing golden locks perfectly for our pictures!
Jordan got her dress at Brides in Amarillo. We have had several brides who have shopped around and found THE dress at Brides and everyone who has only has great things to say about the store and the staff at the store. I’ve never been there personally, but I recommend the store to any bride that asks because of all the good things we have heard!
Okay! On with the photos! Since it was so windy that day, we started off in our studio. Jordan’s wedding colors were grey and pink so the studio was perfect! Hope you guys enjoy!
Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!!
Here’s just a few of our favorite hugs and kisses and cuddles from the past year!
Remember to kiss your sweetheart today!
We’ve still got some spots available for our mini sessions November 11th! Email us to book yours today!
I’ve got a full lineup of blog posts for this week, but I couldn’t help but share a sneak peek first!! Do we have some gorgeous clients or what?!?!
xoxo, Happy Monday!!
As usual, I don’t even know where to begin with this post. If ever Aric & I saw CLEARLY the Lord’s perfect plan play out for us and our business it would have to be the past couple of months or so as Deborah has become a part of our team, our business, our daily lives. Deborah emailed us earlier this year after I posted that we were looking for a new intern to help us out. I was really excited when I saw that even though she has a full time job as a nurse- she would love to come in on her days off to help us out with the monotonous office duties that we spend a lot of our days doing. We waited a few months before we actually sat down and finally decided to set up interviews for the few people who were interested in the position. We have a small history with Deborah- we got to shoot her sister’s wedding in 2010 and again one of her best friends’ weddings last September. She’s always the kind of person who is easy to talk to and get along with, funny, and personable. So as she walked up to the coffee shop for our “interview” I was just excited to get to see how life was going for her. As we talked about the job and what it would include, she shared that, yes she was interested in photography, but if we needed her to lick envelopes all day she would. Whatever we needed, she’d be happy to help. Reluctantly she shared some of her own images with us and we both could tell she had a great eye and a heart for shooting portraits.
Long story short- after the meeting Aric & I got in the car with the same exact thought in mind. Hire Deborah (we call her “Debs”) with the intent of training her as a portrait shooter under our brand. This may sound crazy, but we rarely have the exact same ideas about things- but this was a no brainer for both of us. One thing that stuck out in both of our minds was that she said she prayed that if photography were to be a bigger part of her life- if she were to be a “photographer” that the Lord would send someone that she could do it with. She didn’t want to do it by herself.
The truth is ladies and gentlemen- I don’t think I would want to do it without her- now that we’ve had her around for the past month and a half! We’ve been working on a portfolio with her that will be a part of the blog soon! Seriously guys. She’s amazing! She’s great with kids and families. She’s a nurse so I feel more confident at a newborn session with her than by myself. And she’s a rockstar at shooting couples and seniors as well. (Not to mention she will also be shooting boudoir and beauty sessions under Je-T’adore as well!) She’s constantly making us laugh, she is such an eager learner, and motivates us both to work harder and be better. She’s an absolute joy to be around and on the days that she can’t be in the office to work with us we miss her! I’m so so excited that she’s become a part of the Aric + Casey Photography team and so looking forward to seeing how the Lord uses her in our business. He’s already used her to make life a little sweeter!
Everyone meet the newest family member of ACP- Deborah! (Deb, debs, or d-bebs)
Email for Family, Maternity, Newborn, Senior, Couples: email@example.com
Email for boudoir or beauty: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few samples of some of the shoots she’s done in the past couple of weeks with us! Enjoy!
Oh where do I begin with these two?! I guess we should start at the beginning. Remember that time, when my sweet sweet boyfriend won me a spot at a women’s photography workshop and then soon after I got home from that workshop he proposed?!?! Well…I met a group of some of the most amazing women/mothers/wives/friends ever and luckily we have all been able to keep up with each other and typically make a trip to see each other once a year to catch up, relax, and talk life/photography with each other! Tisha was one of those women, and I’ve been so blessed to know her and even if she may not know it, I’ve learned so much about being a wife and woman of God from her. She’s a beautiful, sweet, funny and unbelievably talented woman with a heart the size of Texas. (She lives in the heart of Texas so I thought that analogy was fitting) And Jim is the perfect counterpart for her. He is strong and gentle, funny and equally as caring and talented as Tisha.
They celebrated their 20th anniversary last year, and even though we photograph newly engaged couples who are in the earliest stages of loving and adoring each other- these two gave all our engaged couples a run for their money! They are truly soul mates, best friends, and a true picture of what marriage is all about.
When they found out we were coming to Austin for a couple of shoots I was SO excited when they asked us to photograph them as well! They are wedding and portrait photographers in Brady, TX – and they are getting ready to get a new website and other fun things so they wanted to have some new promo pictures for their business as well. Like I said they are super talented! So go check out their blog! http://tishaandjim.com/blog/
Jim & Tisha, Thank you so much first of all for your friendship and for letting us capture your love with our cameras- it was truly an honor!
Hope you guys enjoy a few of our favorites!
Happy Tuesday everyone!
I’m so so excited to share with you some sneak peeks of what I’ve been shooting over the weekend!
We’ll start with Katie & Bryan’s engagement session on Friday! I can’t remember laughing so much with a couple during their session like we laughed with Katie and Bryan! And ya’ll…it was a crazy windy day!! Haha- we had lots of adventures! Here’s a favorite! I’ll be working on the rest later today!
Next I had my dear friend Caitlin come over to model for me. I’m working on a new project for Je-T’adore! And I’m so so excited about it! Here’s a sneak peek of Caitlin…
And then we did the same thing with Lauren! She came over yesterday to help me out. Isn’t she gorgeous?!?! Wait till you see the rest!
Is it REALLY almost 2012?! Is Christmas REALLY already over?! Goodness time is flying!! Aric and I had a great road trip back to West Texas after spending a few days in the DFW area with my family! It was a great trip- with plenty of time to reflect on the past year and discuss our plans moving forward into the new year! I love this time. When we talk about the things that we succeeded in and the things that we failed horribly in- both in our business and just life in general! It always makes me excited for the new year to have a fresh start and to work hard on the things we failed in and strive to be even better in the things we did well this past year! I figured that a countdown was in order to reflect over those things here so we can be held accountable to those things!
So we will start off with the exciting things that happened in 2011!
10. We got to travel all over Texas to shoot beautiful weddings for our amazing couples! From Lubbock, to Galveston, Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Dripping Springs, and even to Albuquerque New Mexico!
9. We overbooked our year which was a good and bad thing, but overall it was a huge blessing to be so busy and get to be a part of so many beautiful couple’s big days!
8. We hired an office manager who has helped us out SO much this year! I literally don’t think we would have made it through the year without her!
7. Aric built a new photobooth so now Four Frames Photobooths has 2 different booths to choose from!
6. We did our first 2 workshops!! (As in we got to teach 2 amazing people everything we have learned in our past few years as Wedding photographer’s and it was SO MUCH FUN!)
5. We got featured in The Knot magazine!
4. We got featured on a few different wedding blogs this year!
3. I started a new division of our business shooting Boudoir and I’m LOVING it!
2. We did our first “styled shoot” on a very small scale and the results were awesome! The shoot got featured on the Style Me Pretty Texas blog!
1. And the number one exciting thing that happened in 2011 was just getting to grow and learn together with my husband! He is really really awesome! And I love him!!
And now onto the things we will be working on in the new year (in no particular order)!
10. Correspondence! – Sadly this got put on the back burner this year and our customer service wasn’t at the top of it’s game! We were so busy most days that I would stare blankly at my inbox, get overwhelmed…and close it saying “I’ll get to that tomorrow!” It was bad, bad bad! And I’m on a mission to be more proactive about our correspondence and schedule this new year! Our couples deserve the best and I’m ready to give it to them!
9. Networking – We had big dreams and aspirations of doing a lot of networking this past year and that was another thing that got pushed aside so we could spend time just trying to keep our heads above water. This year we plan on taking more time to network with the other awesome Wedding vendors in Lubbock and be a source of help for them!
8. Style shoots – Like I said above- we did our first style shoot on a very small scale this past year and it was a success!! So I can only imagine what it could be if we did it bigger and better! We are excited to take time to do more style shoots this year to help our brides with ideas, show them things that they haven’t seen and get our favorite vendors noticed in the meantime!
7. Albums – Aric did a ton of research this year on our albums and he has chosen the best of the best to offer to our couples! With everyone loving digital media so much these days- albums are kind of an afterthought- but really having a tangible record of your wedding day is so much more endearing than trying to look at a ton of pictures on a computer screen! Aric lays out some of the most beautiful album designs I’ve seen (yes I might be biased, but it’s true!) and I think every couple deserves to have an heirloom to share with their families!
6. Pushing 4 Frames Photobooths – Aric was the first to have a photobooth business in Lubbock, and after working a few events I’m in love with the thing! It really is such a fun addition to your wedding! And our booths are the biggest in town! So squeezing 2 people into a picture isn’t a problem! In fact we have had up to 10 people squeeze in for a picture! It is so much fun! And I always recommend getting double prints! Guests love to keep a copy, but it’s so fun for the bride and groom to go back and look at what their guests were up to throughout the night! It’s definitely one of the funnest things you can do!
5. More features – We shot so many weddings this year that we considered feature worthy! But we were so overwhelmed trying to get our couples the final images that we decided we didn’t have time to spend sending out more pictures to blogs to try and get featured! I plan to make this a priority! It’s not only fun for us! But it’s fun for our couples when their wedding gets featured! And it’s great for our network of other wedding vendors! So we want to do this for them as well!
4. Blogging – Yes, I admit it. I was a horrible blogger this year! I didn’t have time to prepare every wedding and every shoot for the blog so I just got lazy and stopped doing it altogether! Bad idea I know! You guys come here to see beautiful images and by golly I want to give that to you! Even if it kills me! My hope is to be a much better blogger for 2012! And establish a better routine for blogging so it doesn’t take up so much of my time that I could otherwise be editing images for our couples!
3. Boudoir – With Je-T’adore finally getting out there more and more- I’m excited to shoot more boudoir sessions for our clients old, current and new! I also want the Je-T’adore blog to be a place where all you girls can go for fun fashion and beauty tips too!
2. More portrait sessions – Last year we pretty much turned away all of our portrait inquiries, because we were so swamped with weddings! This year we will be taking fewer weddings so we can have more time for portrait clients! I’ve come to love portrait sessions and I hope we can shoot more in the new year!
1. Schedule and Routine – This was one of the main things that kept us from excelling in every area this past year! We would get so bogged down, overwhelmed, and whatever else that our schedules were all over the place and there was really no routine to the business! This is crucial for us to keep ourselves sane! And I’m excited that Aric and I both want to make a change in this aspect! We will be setting office hours. Turning computers, phones, and email off at a certain time every day so that work doesn’t become our ENTIRE life! Running a home based business has so many challenges! And boundaries are pretty hard to set! But this year we are going to do it!
In closing I just want to say THANK YOU!! Thank you so much to everyone who has stuck with us through the past year! Our family and friends who are our biggest supporters and to our Clients past and present- we are so thankful for ya’ll! And we know we couldn’t do this thing that we love without each and every one of you!!
This year we will be spending New Year’s eve with a precious couple and their family and friends as they celebrate getting married and then count down to the new year together! I know it is going to be a blast and I’m truly thankful we get to be a part of such a special event for them and their loved ones! If you haven’t spent any time reflecting on the past year and setting new goals for the new year- DO IT! It’s so refreshing! And rejuvenating! And so crucial to making big things happen!
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and has a wonderful New Year!
Aric + Casey
(And since no post is complete without a picture- here’s my adorable niece at Christmas! )
I hardly know where to start with this post. So much background to cover! But first I want to start with how I met Caitlin!
Caitlin is extra special to me because she was literally probably our very first ever “blogstalker”!! Which means I automatically love her for life! In the beginning stages of the business, after I took over the blogging I was sure that the only people reading or checking in for photos were my family and friends. So learning that someone I hadn’t met before was following our blog was like winning the lottery!! (haha ridiculous, but true) I remember meeting her for the first time and thinking she was the sweetest girl I had probably ever met! It was the greatest day ever when she launched her blog so I could reciprocate the blogstalking and keep up with what was going on with her! We would talk here and there, but in the last few weeks after she contacted us for her wedding I’ve learned so much more about this sweet girl, and my first impression was right. She is precious from the inside out. Probably one of the hardest working, caring, giving, beautiful individuals ever! So of course there were high expectations for Ryan since I hadn’t met him yet. It was so fun to sit in a coffee shop with her and listen to her talk about him. Why she loved him, how they complimented each other, their dreams and aspirations. So I was pretty much sold before we ever even met, but still Ryan lived up to the expectations. And watching them interact, listening to them talk, seeing him hold her and hearing him make her laugh–it was right. And they truly do compliment each other in every way.
It’s been so fun to be a part of this part of their love story and I’m so so excited for their wedding in May! It’s gonna be here before we know it!! And after you see these images, just imagine what Caitlin’s bridals are going to look like! Yep, she was quite easy to photograph! And Ryan? With his awesome hair and incredible guitar playing skills and keen sense of style? Pffft…it was basically like photographing rockstars or supermodels. So much fun! Hope you guys enjoy the pictures! And leave them some love in the comments section!
Alright, Seriously?!?!? this couple’s kids’ are going to have the greatest hair of all time. Obviously!
Rockstars. I told you.
oh yeah, and Ryan… strumming John Mayer tunes on the guitar in a field on this beautiful day? it was like heaven! I kind of wanted to stay there all day!
You guys are way too adorable!
So this part of the session in the field… was my favorite in case you don’t notice…
And I’m totally in love with the “you’re my favorite” signs!! Too adorable! And that’s one of the things Aric & I say to each other!!
Me = Hair Envy…
They really do have impeccable style!
Classy and sophisticated…
This is one cool family. I must say.
When Tara emailed about doing a family session I was excited and nervous all at the same time! Tara herself is an amazing artist and photographer so that’s always a little nerve-wracking shooting for a fellow photographer! But besides that, Tara is an incredible person. I don’t know her personally, but she’s just the kind of person that radiates life- anyone can tell that. She has an amazing personal blog that is so encouraging and just by following her twitter you’ll be inspired daily!
Jake is a Junior at Coronado High School and a football star!
We had so much fun hanging out with these guys and just getting to know them a little! I love watching the dynamic of a family. It’s one of the most intriguing things to me. Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister… each role so different and yet so important. It makes me happy to see a family love each other! (And have fun together!)
We did a lot of that in their session! Enjoy some of our favorites!